How to Make Fried Rice With Peas and Sausages
For variety, each time I make fried rice, the ingredients and the method of preparation differs. On this occasion, I used sliced sausages as the meat accompaniment, and peas for the vegetable.
3 cups of long-grain rice
2 ladles vegetable oil
1 pack of frozen peas
Defrosted Sausages - Diced
4 small fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 medium size onion, chopped
2 Teaspoon of dry pepper
4 Knorr Chicken cubes
Salt and Spices to Taste
A - PARBOILING THE RICE
1. Set 5 cups of water to boil, or enough to cover your rice twice.
2. When it boils, pour the rice in and allow to boil again.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins.
4. Remove from heat and pour the rice into a colander with small sized holes.
5. Turn the rice into a container filled with cold water, and sieve again.
6. Repeat this, rubbing the rice lightly between your fingers until it feels starch-free.
B. COOKING THE RICE
1. Put 2 cups of water in a large pot and bring to boil.
2. Add two knorr cubes, salt, half the chopped onions, all the tomatoes,
3. Add the rice, taste and be sure you like the mixture.
4. Do not add any more water, you don;t want the rice too soft.
5. When the rice is cooked - some know by sticking in a knife or listening to the bottom of the pot. If the knife is dry, or you can hear some pops from the pot, the rice is done - turn off the heat.
C. PEAS AND SAUSAGE STIR FRY AND MAKING THE FRIED RICE
1. Heat your vegetable oil in the pot you'll use for cooking the Fried Rice.
2. Add the remaining chopped onions, the peas, diced sausage, and stir all together.
3. Add 2 knorr cubes, salt and spices to taste. Stir for five minutes.
4. Start adding the rice by ladlefuls, stirring it into the mix. Continue adding until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
Your Fried Rice is ready... Enjoy!