GTBank Orange Ribbon Initiative For Autism Awareness
Are you a Medical Practitioner, Caregiver, Teacher, Social Worker, Counselor or Parent?
Guaranty Trust Bank cordially invites you to register to attend the GTBank Autism Seminar on 8th & 9th April, 2013 at MUSON Centre, Onikan Lagos. Log on to www.gtbank.com/autism for registration.
The Guaranty Trust Bank Orange Ribbon Initiative is a community development program on child healthcare. It is a selection of projects to create awareness about developmental disabilities especially Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and help people living with these challenges.
Autism Spectrum Disorders as with other developmental challenges, arise from insufficient development of a child’s physical, emotional or intellectual capacity. Autism Spectrum Disorders are largely misunderstood by society and this make it difficult for affected children to cope with everyday demands of their environment and may lead to varying stages of social stigmatization.
The Orange Ribbon Initiative seeks to:
- Ensure societal awareness about ASD
- Reawaken people’s social consciousness about the plight and requirements of children living with ASD
- Stimulate advocacy for the establishment of comprehensive and inclusive schools for affected children as well as integrated centers for adults
- Sponsor, support and lobby for legislation that protect the rights of people living with developmental disabilities
- Encourage government and private organisations to fund research in Autism
- Re-orientate societal thinking regarding the fallacies concerning Autism Spectrum Disorders.
To be a part of this initiative's 2013 Autism awareness seminar, please log on to www.gtbank.com/autism, and submit your details. It is free.