This request came in through facebook, and it is from a guy this time.
Hello Mrs. Myne, I've got a lil issue thought you can help with it. I'm 27, haven't had a stable relationship for 5 years, virtually since I knew about the dating thingy. Some years back I met a lady in a bus, we got talking, after which we became friends later. I made a move, she turned me down saying she's engaged. That she kept saying for 3years, but I persisted.
Then luck shone its beauteous face on me, she gave in late last year, telling me that the guy has no plans for her that she's come to love me more than him. Enough of history, now lemme break down the main issues:
1. She's 30, I could care less about that, but my folks and siblings, I don't know what their reactions will be, my mum especially.
2. My girlfriend doesn't know I'm younger, because of my sense of maturity and humour (I've actually dated older ladies before her).
3. Thirdly, my plan is to walk a lady down the aisle only when I'm 30, that's 3 years from now. That's one big thing to ask from her I think!
I await your kind response! Thanks a lot.
I had some questions so I engaged him in a chat;
Myne Whitman - hello, I have some questions. Which bothers you the most of these two questions? Also, are you saying that you want this 30 years old woman to wait for you till you are 30?
- Yes ma, they all bother me, everything, I'm kinda standing at a crossroad now
Myne Whitman - which bothers you most?
- The fear that she may not be willing to wait for that long a time.
Myne Whitman - So why can't you marry her now? Have you told her?
- We are actually dating, though we don't talk about marriage, we just share good times, but she'll surely have expectations. Ma, marriage is not in my to do list for now.
Myne Whitman - the first step is to talk about it
- Yeah, but I'm unsure how she'll react
Myne Whitman - she may agree or if not, let her go?
- Ok, will try to. You've been most helpful, thank you. I'll like you to share the story too, to hear what others have to say
Myne Whitman - OK, all the best
You've heard it. Please, help a brother out. Thanks.