I could also title this post the scourge of the anonymous, but the truth is that sometimes, these spammers come and register blogger profiles, or they fill in a name with their link. But whether they come as Anonymous or as "seemingly" real comments, I'm writing this post to share with you guys how to recognise them and keep them as far away from your commenting section as possible.
So how do you know if the comments on your blog are spam? Obviously if someone post content that's not related to what you posted about, you can consider it as spam. Such comments as "Great Info! I Love it!! Will be back later to read some more. Can I add you to my Xanga group?" may not be unrelated, and will even stroke your ego as a blogger, but it is spam.
Some of the spam comments I just deleted are below
I have read so many articles on the topic of the blogger lovers but this post is actually a fastidious piece of writing, keep it up. Stop by my page ... http://....member.php?u=253649 on
My family members all the time say that I am wasting my time here at web, but I know I am getting familiarity every day by reading thes fastidious posts. Here is my web page Zynga Poker Cheats
One hour is especially dedicated to Spanish songs for children to familiarize with the language. Chinese will require at least a year to be functional in speaking thanks to its' simple grammar and many homophones. It began to dawn on me that the life I was living was the direct result of the thoughts I had been thinking since my childhood. Stop by my page :: effortless english
You should alsο hаve the neck pillοws which arе fіlled bу the ocean. Dеnouncing the proposal to exρаnd memberѕhiр, one resident ѕaіd: 'It is like Recrеational Actiνities on Norωegian Cruіѕе Lines. Also visit my homepage; tantric massage
To tell you truth, sometimes it makes me want to pull my hair out cos I get so much, up to 30 spam comments some days, other times, it makes me want to block the anonymous comment function. But that won't solve my problem, rather it will chase away some of my regular readers who may want to leave a comment without registering.
Now these are tips to bear in mind when approving comments in your queue, or even reading through some published comments on your blog.
1. If the profile is linked, clicked over to get a look at the profile of the commenter. Usually the profile picture or a link on their page will give them away as a link you don't want to promote on your blog. Sometimes, I block such people completely.
2. Check the link they left in the comment. If its something like tantric ertoica free.com, or something like that, delete and don't look back.
3. What language is it? If it is not English, don't bother asking them to translate, hit delete.
4. Is it over complimentary without actually referring to anything in particular about your post? It wasn't meant for you, I'm afraid.
5. Links, Links, and more Links to Casinos, Poker, etc? Check that link and if necessary spam it so Blogger or wordpress knows not to ever publish it.
Hope this helps someon. If you think I overlooked something, please share so we can learn together.