How to Make Lasagna with White Sauce
Lasagna is one of the more complicated meals I prepare, and one which I'm still learning each time I cook it. Generally, I always make the white sauce myself, but sometimes I just buy Alfredo sauce from the store. This particular recipe with eggs and mozarella cheese is the best of my aresenal.
8 sheets of lasagna pasta
250g of lean ground beef
1 meduim sized white onions diced
2 cloves of garlic - chopped
1 tin of tomatoes sauce
For White Sauce
2 cups of whole milk
3 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of butter
1 pack of Mozzarella cheese - grated
1 pack of parmesan cheese - grated
1 pack of mild cheddar cheese - grated
PREPARING THE BEEF SAUCE
1. Saute the onions and garlic in a ladleful of vegetable oil for about 5minutes, then add the ground beef.
2. Keep stirring till all the meat turn from red to brown.
3. Add seasoning and spices to taste
4. Leave the mixture to boil on low heat for about 1 hour.
5. Add the mixed vegetable and remove from heat.
PREPARING THE WHITE SAUCE
1. While the beef sauce is cooking, put the butter in a pot on medium heat and melt.
2. Add flour, and whisk so that clumps do not form.
3. Pour in the milk slowly while whisking, till the mixture is smooth.
4. Leave to simmer and thicken on low heat, make sure the sauce doesn't boil.
5. Add salt and spices to your taste.
PREPARING THE LASAGNA SHEETS
1. Put water in a pot on high heat, and bring to boil
2. Add salt and a drop of vegetable oil, the oil will prevent the pasta from sticking together.
3. Put in the Lasagna sheets and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water.
BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER
1. In a bowl, mix the eggs and mozarella cheese, and whisk till its smooth.
2. Add this to the white sauce and use to cover the base of your greased oven-safe casserole dish
3. Layer some beef sauce all over this base.
4. Put the lasagna sheets over the sauces leaving no spaces in between.
5. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over the lasagna pasta
6. Repeat layers till everything is gone.
7. The final topping should be the parmesan cheese all over everything.
Pre-Heat oven to 400F
Bake your lasagna on the middle shelf for 40 minutes, or till the top is golden brown and firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating.