How to Make Chili Con Carne with Vegetables
See this other recipe too for thick chili
1 pack of 85% ground beef
2 packs of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
3 ladlefuls of vegetable oil
2 large tins of tomato puree
5 medium sized fresh tomatoes, chopped
2 large chopped onions
1 tablespoon dried garlic or to taste
1 tablespoon dried ground cumin or to taste
1 tablespoon dried oregano or to taste
2 tablespoons chili powder or to taste
1 pack of frozen mixed vegetables with carrrots, sweet corn, peas, string beans, etc...
Salt and other spices to taste
COOKING KIDNEY BEANS
1. In a large pressure cooker, pour in enough water to cover the beans twice. Add one ladle of oil and some salt.
2. Cook the kidney beans for 1 hour over medium-high heat.
3. Remove from heat and allow to depressurize.
PREPARING THE GROUND MEAT
1. In another pot, pour in the rest of the oil
2. Saute the ground beef, onion, spices and salt until the meat becomes gray in color.
3. Add the canned and fresh tomatoes, and stir.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, approximately 2 hours, stirring every 10 - 15 mins.
5. Check for salt and spices. Add more if necessary.
MIXING THE CHILI CON CARNE
1. Add the cooked kidney beans to the beef and tomato sauce and stir.
2. Add the mixed vegetables and more water to get a flowing consistency.
2. Continue to simmer another 10 minutes.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
Your food is ready. This can serve up to 10 people. I usually put 2 person tupperware and store in the freezer. And one good thing, this tastes better after it is reheated :)