How to Make Beef in Celery and Mushroom Sauce
Theis sauce is very similar to this celery recipe, but there's no tomatoes, it is replaced by mushrooms.
A pound of Beef
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
A small bunch of celery stalks with some hearts if possible. Washed and sliced
Four medium sized tomatoes, chopped
Half a medium sized onion, sliced
Salt and spices to taste.
1. Cut your meat in chunks and cook with just salt. Remove from the broth and set aside.
2. Heat your vegetable oil till lightly smoking.
3. Pour in the celery and allow to cook for five minutes
4. Add the chopped onion and saute the pieces with the celery. If you like, add some of the spices now.
5. After another 5 minutes, add the sliced mushroom.
6. Stir in salt and ground pepper to taste.
7. Continue stirring for the next 10 minutes on medium heat.
8. Simmer until the vegetables are tender - about 20 minutes.
9. Add the beef chunks, stir until it simmers.
Your sauce is ready. Eat with a side of rice, chili, pasta, or potato.