Egg Noodles Pasta with Fish and Mushroom Sauce
Pasta is a quick and simple side dish, and it offers loads of variety in the different forms it comes in. There's Penne, Macaroni, Spaghetti, and some even come in rainbow colors. I love all the types and usually have a selection available. For today's menu idea, it is simple boiled Egg Noodles Pasta and Fish and Mushroom Sauce.
1. Boil water in a large pot until it is in a roiling boil.
2. Put in a little salt for more flavor and a drop of oil. The oil helps the pasta not to stick to each other and the water not to boil over the pot.
3. Add your pack of egg Noodles pasta and stir immediately
4. Leave the pot open and stir every now and then.
5. There is usually cooking directions on the pasta package, but bite one after about 10 mins and remove from heat when you like the texture.
6. Strain immediately and if you want, run cold water over it. I'd rather eat like that.
FISH AND MUSHROOM SAUCE
Ingredients - steamed fish fillets, vegetable oil, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, pepper - all chopped, 1 maggi cube and salt to taste.
1. Put 2 teaspoons of oil in a sauce pan, and heat till lightly smoking.
2. Add a small pack of chopped mushrooms, the maggi cube and salt. Stir-fry for 10mins
3. Add the chopped onions, tomatoes and pepper and keep stirring for another 5 mins.
4. Put in the steamed Fish fillets.
5. Check that the seasoning is enough, and add more if necessary.
6. Remove from heat once it starts to simmer.
Add the sauce to the pasta, and stir.
Your meal is ready, enjoy!