The top "how to" search in the United States is How to Love and, according to the recently released Google Zeitgeist, the top search is the same for Nigeria too, where the #2 is "How to Romance". Below is a list of 50 practical and inexpensive ways to show love to the one you're with, and be romantic.
Romance Meets Life - L is for Love
1. Write "I love you" in the steam on the bathroom mirror after he takes a shower.
2. Offer a back massage with some good smelling lotion.
3. Write a poem. Then use Google Translator to translate a poem into either French or Italian. Then handwrite it out with the translation on the back side. Or better yet, greet your partner at night and read it to them with passion and then hand them the translation.
4. While in public, declare "I love you, Matilda!" (not Matilda, but your partner's name.)
5. Make a CD with a few songs that are meaningful to your relationship.
Romance Meets Life - How to Show Nigerian Love
6. Invite him to take a bath complete with bubbles, champagne, candles, and maybe a little Barry White. (the music, not actually Barry White in your tub.)
7. Surprise her at work and take her out to lunch, maybe take-out food in the park or maybe to a little diner, for a midday romantic interlude.
8. Put together a little gift on his pillow: chocolate and a note that says "Your love is like chocolate: sweet and delicious."
9. If your partner has a work presentation at an off site location, have flowers and a note of support delivered there.
10. Dedicate a song to him on the radio and send him an email telling him when to listen.
Romance Meets Life - How to get my husband to love kissing
11. Cook a special love meal of your partner's favorite foods. Play his favorite music and turn the lights low for a romantic dinner.
12. Give your partner a pedicure and foot rub.
13. Send a text message or email that says "I love you!"
14. Mail a card and inside write down the top 10 things you love about your partner.
15. Give him a picture of you for his wallet that says "I love you."
Romance Meets Life - 9 Ways to Know When you're in Love
16. Leave a love note in her car telling her to have a great day.
17. Carve your initials in a tree.
18. When your partner least expects it, give him a great big kiss, even if it's in public!
19. Go see a romantic movie, sit in the back row, hold hands, and cuddle.
20. King for a Day/ Queen for a Day. Declare that you will dedicate a particular day just to your partner to do whatever they want. Maybe start with breakfast in bed.
Romance Meets Life - Do you believe in love at first sight
21. Buy a tree and invite your partner to plant it with you explaining that this tree represents the love between you both that will grow over the years.
22. In the midst of talking about how your days went, the chores that need to be done, etc. interrupt and say "I have something important to tell you. I love you and here's why." Then list 5 things (or more) that you really appreciate about your partner. Finish with a kiss and say, "Ok, so you were talking about the water heater."
23. Write an old fashioned love letter and mail it. Be romantic and lavish. Have some fun with it.
24. Before going to a party together come up with some secret code words you can use during conversation. You can be telling each other "I can't wait to get you alone tonight!" without anyone knowing!
25. Find a hotel that has a jacuzzi and book it for a one night getaway somewhere close but fun.
Romance Meets Life - How to Keep Love Alive
26. Place an ad in the classifieds declaring your love. Then take the newspaper, wrap it in a bow, and put a little note on it saying what page to look on.
27. Blindfold surprise. Blindfold your partner and drive them to the place where you had your first date, and have that date all over again!
28. Write a love poem for her.
29. Make an early valentine. Cut out some paper in the shape of a heart. Write something sweet on it in red and put it in her purse or his briefcase.
30. If your partner is going on a business trip secretly hide a love note inside their luggage.
Romance Meets Life - How to Express Love to your Wife
31. Offer to help them with some dreaded chore they must complete and make it into a fun time maybe with some music. (cleaning out the basement, raking the leaves, shoveling after a big snow storm, giving the dog a bath, washing the car, etc.)
32. Do something romantic and spontaneous, like picking a flower and giving it to her right on the spot.
33. Invent a meal and name it after him or her.
34. Buy some body paint and write your love message on your body.
35. Record yourself reading a romantic love poem for your honey. Then give your partner a CD and tell them to play it in the car on their way to work.
Romance Meets Life - Loving the One who Loves you Back
36. Make a small postcard sized love collage. Then cover it with clear packing tape. Write a love message on the other side and mail it!
37. Keep a box with mementos of fun things you've done together. Later when the box is filled, arrange them on a board and have it framed.
38. Buy some underwear with special messages on it. Or buy your own and paint a special picture or message with fabric paints.
39. Make a donation to charity in the name of your love for your partner. Give your sweetheart a card that tells how grateful you are to share your life with her.
40. Keep a box with special cards, letters, photographs, and other mementos. On your anniversary or on Valentine's day take a little time to share fond memories together as you review the contents.
Romance Meets Life - How to have a Lasting Online Romance
41. Create a mindmap of all the things you love about your partner and make it into a card.
42. Take a walk on the beach together. Run up ahead and write a message in the sand, and then call your partner to see what you "found."
43. Say "I love you" often, slowly, and with feeling.
44. Play hooky together. You work hard. Now today take a day to work easy at just sharing some fun time together. Call it an "I love you day."
45. Send an e-card to your sweetie to brighten his day. Here are free e-card resources: Apple iCards, BlueMountain, Hallmark.
Romance Meets Life - Nigerian Love - Romantic Names in Local Languages
46. Make little "I love you" posters with either crayons, markers, collage, paint, whatever. Post them in surprising places: the bathroom, the closet, the car, under her pillow, on her pillow.
47. Create a small website or blog dedicated to your partner. Write a short love message each day for a month...or forever.
48. Complete that chore or favor that your partner has wanted you to do for a long time.
49. Be super kind for a whole day. Act like you would with a new love, a child, or a frail person. Show lots of kindness, generosity, and love no matter what for a whole day.
50. Take an interest in your partner's interests. For a woman it might be watching a football game with your guy. And for men it might be going to see a chick-flick. Do it with a spirit of enthusiasm and love. Have fun.
Print this out and do one each day. Make up your own. You don't have to tell your partner that this is something you are doing. Just do it. Who knows, maybe you'll establish a positive habit of expressing your love on a daily basis. Source
Romance Meets Life - Love Languages: What is Yours??
Please share your favorite ways to tell or show your partner you love them! And how do you like or want to be romanced?