How to Remove the Blogger Word Verification
I know I'm not the only one who finds this word verification frustrating, the picture above sparked this post. I've seen other posts and comments calling on bloggers to take it out. Especially with the the new word verification captcha system that has two words, and sometimes even numbers in a box! On a few occasions, it takes me 2 or 3 tries to get it right and I've even lost one or two comments because I couldn't get it right or I decided to move on and leave no comment.
It was only a few days ago I realized it might not be easy for some new and not so frequent bloggers to work out how to remove the word verification.
For those who are wondering why they should be concerned about removing the word verification, or who actually want to leave it on, consider this;
- Unless you are blogging for yourself and have completely disabled commenting, you may be blogging to build community. But if the discussion is only one way, what's the gain? Word verification reduces the chances of someone leaving a comment on your blog and by changing the setting, you will be attracting more readers and comments.
- If one of your aims of blogging is to earn some income, then you may want to know that comments increase traffic via repeat visits to your blog. People leave comments and then come back to read any replies and other comments.
OK, I can hear you asking, so how do you remove this thing?
1. Go to your Dashboard
2. Click "Settings" by the left lower side
3. Click "Posts and Comments" in the options that drop down
4. Scroll down until you see "Show word verification"
5. Click on the arrow by the side and Select "No"
6. That's it. Thank you.
Read more HERE