It's been quite a while since I did my last meme that I've almost forgotten about them. But I do like reading the getting-to-know you tags on other blogs, and it's nice when someone remembers you. I was tagged by Destiny + Yankeenaijachick Success. Thankyou, dear.
These are the rules - You must post 11 things about yourself. Answer the questions that your tagger posted for you. Create 11 questions, then choose 11 people and tag them to answer your questions. Remember to let them know you tagged them. No tag backs...Let the tagger know when you answered their questions. So these are eleven things about me -
1. I live 8, and sometimes 9hrs behind GMT. This is for those in Naija and UK who beef me on FB and Twitter cos they think I ignore their tweets and chats. I am possibly sleeping by then.
2. To those saying HUH! to the above, don't be fooled by when my blog posts are published, most of them are scheduled days if not weeks in advance.
3. I am from Asaba and like to brag about it, but seriously, I don't know much about Asaba and the people. I sometimes cringe when people ask, oh...do you know so and so family?
4. I like musicals and so I guess it follows that I like the Opera. After attending about three Live Performances, I was almost about to scratch it off my interests list then I saw Madama Butterfly on a large screen. I now know I prefer it that way.
5. Yam used to be my favorite food, but I've pretty much gotten used to doing without it here, except once in a while when we visit the African store, and if you count poundo yam which I hear is half mash potatoes.
6. I like getting into arguments with people I think I can learn from. We may not agree but I think we rub off a little on each other in a way that help us become more open-minded.
7. I can be quite stubborn and sometimes perverse, meaning I can do things just to shock people. I used to find playing devil's advocate a lot of fun, but these days I try to act my age :)
8. My favorite show on TV right now is Smash, but I also like Scandal, Grimm and The Mentalist among others. My best reality TV is The Amazing Race. I also watch the Bachelor series, shame on me.
9. I miss my family in Nigeria something fierce sometimes. Thank God for new fangled technology like the mobile phone and internet. Now to convene a Google hangout with my parents.
10. I have the absolutely most awesome best friend in the whole wide world. Guess who?
11. My holiday job as a student in the UK was as a skate hire attendant. In between handing the skates to the visitors, I got on the ice a couple of times. I didn't learn to skate if that's what you were about to ask.
Now to 11 Questions from Destiny
1) The last place you visited - The Cinema to see the Avengers
2)What you ate for lunch - A Mango
3)Do you have any beauty regime that you always use? Body Lotion
4)What is your favorite beauty product? Olay Face Wipes
5)Do you have one weakness and how you overcame it? I used to have terrible anger management problems. This may sound simplistic but I asked God to take it away and He did.
6)What is your biggest accomplishment in life so far? Making my dream of a Masters degree a reality. But it has also been huge for me to publish my books and set up and maintain Naijastories.com and this blog.
7) What reality show do you watch all the time? The Amazing Race
8)Have you done something for anyone this year? Oh yes, thank God for the opportunity.
9)Tell me about your day - Answering emails, writing, blogging, checking up and tinkering with my websites, doing stuff around the home, and spending time with Atala.
10) What type of man do you love? A man who accepts me. Completely.
11)What is your favorite song? My Heart Will Go on by Celine Dion. Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton comes a very close second.
11 Questions for people I tag
1. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
2. What do you consider as success?
3. Rank Fame, Happiness, Love, Health and Money in order of preference.
4. Will you go for a PhD degree?
5. What kind of books do you like reading?
6. What are your hobbies?
7. Chocolate or Ice cream?
8. Your best movie and why?
9. What do you consider your best trait, personality or physical wise?
10. Where did you last go on holiday?
11. If you could be an animal, which would it be?
Almsot everyone seems to have been tagged but I'll add the following people and any other person reading this.