Edith Ezeji - Bleeding Heart ... Guest Author
1. First off—when did you start writing?
I started writing 4 years ago but I never got the courage to publish a book.
2. What type of book is this, is it an autobiography?
It is a romantic novel, a very emotional novel.
3. Do you intend to write more books?
Yes, of course. If this one is successful, I will.
4. How did you come up with the idea for the book?
It all started when I gave birth to my daughter, I tried to write something emotional, just because of the way I was feeling at that particular time. It helped me to put more emotion to it.
5. How long did it take you to write?
Well, it took just two to three weeks to write the book.
6. What project or projects are you working on now?
I am really trying hard to get it out there for people to read, I know that a lot of people will learn from this book, especially women.
7. Tell us a bit about the book?
This book is about a young lady whose life was full of pains and frustration. It tells how Angela managed to survive in Greece, being forced to do prostitution and how she refused to do what they expected her to do. She was betrayed and humiliated by everyone she trusted; all she ever thought about was to commit suicide. However, she managed to pull through the agony of a bleeding heart.
8 Which of your characters do you most relate with?
The character that is most attached to me is Angela, who is the main character. In the book, she met Nick and got pregnant. It was almost completely true to my life.
9. What’s in a name? How did you decide on the title of yours?
You know when you are in pains and you find it difficult to breath, it will be like you have been stabbed in your heart. I put myself in Angela’s shoes. I felt the way she was feeling at that moment, and that was when the title Bleeding Heart came to my mind.
10. How do you “get in the zone” when writing? Do you listen to music? What is your writing environment like?
It will sound funny but I write when I am upset or feel let down, that's why I am always writing emotional stories (laugh)
11. Tell us about the journey from writing your book, the editing process, and so on.
It wasn't easy at all but I thank God almighty for seeing me through the whole process.
A friend of mine gave me my publisher's number and I called them to try my luck then they asked me to send the story which I did. Later, they called me back to tell me that they liked the story.
12. What’s your favorite part of being a writer?
My favorite part of being a writer is that I get to tell the story as if it is real. I don’t just write, I want people to learn from any story I tell.
13. Most people write part time. What do you do when you aren’t writing?
I work part time as a sales assistant.
14. What are your favorite books? Authors? Movies? Songs?
My favorite book is a book written by Philippa Gregory, titled The Queen's fool. It is a very interesting story. I mostly watch American movies like Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I love P square and other artistes as well.
15. Where can we buy Bleeding Heart by Edith Ezeji? What’s your web presence?
The book will be out 1st of November and it is going to be in Amazon. I am also on Facebook.