Myne Whitman Writes
...romance to fall in love with, stories that keep you turning the pages...
A Heart to Mend
A Love Rekindled
A Fiery Love
Last Names - To Hyphenate Or Not To
Verastically Livin and Sting of
The smile of a Nigerian Scorpio
where we thrashed this out with several people who called in.
Some the issues that cropped up;
1. Identity - The personality of the woman fades away
2. Tradition - It is the norm of the day
3. Feminism - Holding on to her individuality
4. Partnership - Marriage is about oneness and teamwork
5. Belonging / Ownership - Women as chattel (Bride Price)
6. Clarity - It makes sense and avoids confusion especially for children
7. Official - For immigration, citizenship, etc
8. Fashionable - With regards hyphenated - cute, cool, trendy
9. Professional - Work history, career ...
10. Myne's Bottomline - Do what works for you, have a discussion with your fiance.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook